Join Our Team
In this non-consulting role you will:
- Provide support to existing consulting teams and/or other specialized internal business units;
- Resolve claims from commercial, government, and/or workers’ compensation insurance plans;
- Maintain timely and professional follow-up on open issues, both over the phone and by written appeal;
- Understand and articulate claim and contract details to interested parties to facilitate proper billing and reimbursement;
- Continual analysis and quality control of underpayment risk areas to ensure audit accuracy;
- Prioritize inquiries from key stakeholders and assist with project-specific tasks and reporting
- Communicate regularly and effectively with key stakeholders and upper management;
- Utilize Triage and client software platforms to manage account information and workflow;
- Participate in Triage’s recruiting and training programs, periodic teambuilding events, and socially responsible activities;
- Work effectively on dynamic teams every day.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education (Associate's Degree) and relevant work experience (healthcare preferred);
- Self-starter who is eager to learn, and can work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and professional skills;
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills;
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Employment subject to background check and eligibility verification. Triage acts in accordance with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance. Triage does not sponsor or participate in work/student visas.
Use the form to submit your application directly to Triage. If you are a student or recent alumnae of a target school, please submit your application through your school's career center.